27 Oct 2010

Style Cramp at the Blitz Party: Pt II

Style Cramp was back in the Blitz again this weekend for the ever-popular Blitz Party in Shoreditch.

Understated Hollywood glamour was my look this time. In May I went for a younger, evacuee-style look, with bobby socks and brogues and a simple blue cheesecloth dress. More Blitzy than Ritzy. See May's Blitz post HERE.

Dress (vintage), £60, vintage fair Colchester. Mary Janes (vintage), £4, Victoria Pub Jumble Grove Road. Seamed stockings, £9.99, Pretty Polly
The Blitz Party scores big points for me on my Night Out Fun Agenda:

1) Massive lindy hopping opportunities: tick.

2) Mega dress-up facilitation: double tick.

3) No-hassle, jolly-good, right-old-riot frolicking: well for that, it's just the event.


But my second Blitz party just didn't quite cut the mustard. I'm well aware that if this was 1940, there'd still be those silly twerps around fighting on the dance floor and stealing juice from the bar, but it ain't what you want from a classy establishment.


So it just wasn't like my first, where the dancing and the costumes were proper spiffs. But hey, seamed stockings? I don't need much of an excuse to get 'em out.

NB: Despite my moans and groans, i'm very grateful to Village Underground for sorting us out (and boy, thanks for all the gin fizzes - blerk).

Links:
http://www.theblitzparty.com/

HELLO, want more pictures? Go to the Style Cramp Facebook page! And 'like' it while you're there. Thanks sexy.

Here's the Blitz Party album:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=491908507159&set=a.491908352159.299719.298377607159#!/album.php?aid=299719&id=298377607159

No comments:

Post a Comment