8 Nov 2010

Let's adore and endure each other


Well...

It seems a mighty long time ago I started this blog (about a year) with two friends/fashion insiders. We had some big ideas and it worked for a while, but they had other commitments and the contribution trailed off. That's OK, but I stuck with it.

I went from sending apologetic emails out to PR agencies, to getting invites, to getting second invites. No, i'm no Susie Bubble and I still have little impact on fashion/blogging dynamics, but that's OK because i'm at least getting respect.

I've been wanting to expand my horizons a little bit for a while, but have struggled with the question of whether to keep a strict focus on one thing like fashion to gain a following, or whether it's OK to put other things on here. Do I want to be one of those 'personal bloggers'? Is being another 'fashion blogger' any better? I love writing about fashion, but it's not all I write about in my freelance work, so in the end I just thought "well it is my blog. I can write what I like."

I'm going to let some other tings trickle in here. I still love fashion. But I also love blues, reggae, grime, Caribbean films and books. And sometimes I even think about social stuff, YA KNOW?

So we'll see what happens.

This is not the end. This is only the beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Can you tell us how to get more followers on twitter pls?

    ReplyDelete